Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30, 2008

Ok - what a roller coaster dad is on!! I dropped in to see him yesterday at lunch time and what a change from the night before! Wednesday evening he was pretty alert and seemed to be getting stronger. When I saw him yesterday at lunch he grumpy, lethargic and complained of pain. I came back again in the evening and he was doing so much better - almost like a different person...literally! Again I went to see him at lunch time today and he was more groggy than I had ever seen him. Lydia, the head nurse from Legacy, came to visit him and see how he was doing while I was there. We were both puzzled how such a change could happen so rapidly. But before I left I pute 2 and 2 together and have a theory why this is happening.

Two aides came in to take his lunch order. I asked them why they thought he was in such rotten shape and they said he had therapy that morning. My guess is that he is just bushed at lunch time because he gets worked so hard for his therapy session. It has been the pattern each time I have seen him this week. The evenings seem to be a better time of day for him.

Tonight when i went in he was a little grouchy because he wanted to use the bathroom instead of his diaper and the aide hadn't been in yet. Once that got remedied he was more at ease. We enjoyed part of a football game together. I know he was actively watching because he would make comments about good plays or tackles.

The problem that I see looming is that he has no interest in eating. He has lost a lot of weight in the last 10 days. I have talked to the nurse about a supplement to boost his appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment