Friday, November 6, 2009

Changes, changes

Every morning between 8 and 9 am I get a phone call from mom. Sometimes I actually answer - depends on my mood at the time and what is going on at work...mostly my mood. This past Monday she called and she was so excited to tell me what she had done on Sunday. "You'll never guess" she said.

The usual routine is I get to hear about her dreams that night, or how she slept, or explain how I slept or tell about my dreams (which I never remember). Well Monday she could hardly wait to get it out of her mouth, this exciting thing she did on Sunday. She went to church!...AND bore her testimony! "I was the first one up there she said". That did in fact catch me by surprise. I never saw that one coming.


 
She really seems to be picking up steam in her level of social interactment.  She can't wait to go to Bingo, she actually talks to people down there.  Today she asked a lady if she wanted to come to her room and play cards in the afternoon.  "I'll see what the afternoon brings" was the response.  She asked a man, Ned, that sits at her Bingo table if he wanted to come play cards.  He declined because his wife has dimensia and he can't leave her alone.  Funny, eh?

She has been after me for weeks to come and play bingo with her.  Today was the day.  Here are a few images from the experience.  Quite fun actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment